Thursday, April 1, 2010

Caleb-isms

Here are a few cute little "Caleb-isms". I know they will disappear soon, so I wanted to preserve them here.

Caleb always pronounces "sorry" as "awwww-ree," usually drawing out the first syllable for several seconds. When comparing things, he always abbreviates the word "than": "I bigger 'n Ethan." "That car faster 'n us." "Daddy is stronger 'n me." When counting to twenty, he often leaves out numbers 14 and 15. When talking about some time other than the present, he almost always says "tomorrow", even if it is in the past.

Caleb's favorite color, hands-down, is yellow. All of his teachers at church and school know to save the yellow marker, crayons, construction paper and even scissors for Caleb. Every single craft that comes home with him has been colored yellow. We cannot keep a yellow marker in our house because as soon as I buy new markers, he colors fifteen pictures solid yellow within two or three days, and the marker is done with.

Caleb's favorite song is Jesus Loves Me, which he sings solo all throughout the day. At bedtime, it is always the first song he chooses to sing. He likes singing a lot of other songs as well, but that is his favorite. And, on a final note, Caleb loves to pontificate to Ethan about the house rules and which choices are good and bad. I never again need to wonder if Caleb completely understands what I expect of him, because I hear him parroting my words and explanations to the little guy, and I know it is all in there somewhere :)

PICTURES! Here is a link to a few of the pictures from our annual photo shoot with Heather Swanner: http://www.heatherswannerphotography.com/blog/2010/03/spring-fever/. These are the ones she liked the best and put on her blog. I haven't seen the whole shoot yet, and won't until she gets them all uploaded. I'll post that link when I get it, Mimi and Nanna :)

1 comment:

Bottom Blessings said...

It's been a while since I've been on here. Love the new pics. We think about you guys a lot. Hope everything is great.