Monday, March 1, 2010

Getting Behind

Since I have been feeling cruddy and quite under-the-weather for the past ten days, I am SO BEHIND on all of my daily responsibilities. I have a system for keeping the house clean and for pretty much everything related to running the household. My system works very well, but it all falls apart after just a few days of not getting my daily list done. Right now, my house is in terrible shape, many errands are not getting done, and I have really slacked off on some outside-the-home responsibilities. I am usually such an energetic person, and it is so hard for me to get up day after day with no energy. I mostly just want to sit in my chair and stare straight ahead, or even better, recline my chair and close my eyes, but my boys are not going to let that happen. I know that I have been very blessed in that I have rarely been sick for more than a couple of days, but it does make it VERY hard for me to slow down and let things go. I know that the kitchen floor and the bathrooms will be clean again one day soon, and the errands will get run eventually, and the other things I'm committed to will not fall apart from a couple of weeks of slacking, but getting so far behind is definitely putting me in a mental funk.

1 comment:

katherine said...

Hope you feel better soon. It's so hard to get caught up once you're behind. I'd love to hear your system for staying on top of everything when you're well again. I haven't figured out how to do it all with two kids.