Friday, July 2, 2010

A Timeless Fog

About a month ago, my watch stopped. It stopped and started for a few days, until I finally took it off, thinking it needed a new battery. I bought a new battery just before we left for Florida, but unfortunately, the watch still stopped and restarted with the new battery. Always reluctant to spend money, I remained watchless through our vacation.

It has been very weird to not know what time it is. I'm used to waking up at night and checking my watch, getting out of the shower and checking my watch, etc. And I am always checking my watch when we are out, mentally planning and adjusting our days. Besides my own desire to know the time whenever it occurs to me, the people I spend time with are used to me knowing what time it is, so I keep getting asked about the time. Anyway, I've limped along using car clocks and oven clocks and my cell phone, but that little time piece on my wrist has been greatly missed.

A few days after we got home, I had had enough of the timeless fog, so I bit the bullet and bought a new watch (consoling myself that 3 years was an acceptable return on my original $35 investment).

No comments: