Wednesday, July 21, 2010

If Only I'd Gotten a Picture...

Yesterday, I came down with a bit of a cold that dear hubby brought home from his trip to El Salvador. (I have to mention the origin of the bug to justify why my normally-stellar immunities failed me: who could expect them to be prepared for foreign cold viruses?) Anyway, I wasn't feeling well, so, when Ethan went down for a nap and Caleb didn't seem tired at all, I put a movie in for Caleb, got a few chores done, latched all the external doors (to make sure Caleb stayed housebound), and then went upstairs to sneak in a 45-minute nap.

When Ethan woke up, he immediately came to my room and woke me up, demanding that I get up "right now" and get him some food. To hammer home his point, he insisted that it was "9:00 o'clock" so I "have to get up!", which I guess in his little mind is the universal waking up time.

Anyway, he dragged me out of bed and we went downstairs. The hilarious sight that greeted us in the kitchen was Caleb, sprawled out with his blanket on the kitchen island, fast asleep. All I can guess is that, when his movie was done, he went into the kitchen (toting his blanket) to eat the snack that I'd set out for him at the bar. I guess he got tired while eating the snack, and, seeing his blanket where he'd put it on the island, just crawled up there to rest his head on the blanket. Next thing he knew, he was fast asleep. Ethan, always quick to state the obvious, exclaimed "LOOK! Bubba asleep on the table!" Stifling a laugh, I ran to get the camera, but the blanket dangling off the island was too tempting for little Ethan, so he pulled the corner and Caleb woke up before I could get a shot. Based on how groggy and disoriented he was when he woke up, I'd guess he was at least 15 minutes into a nap.

No comments: