Thursday, June 17, 2010

Dinner Conversations

Here is a sampler of how dinner conversations tend to go around here:

Daddy (to Caleb): What did you do today, Caleb?
Caleb: Nothing.
Daddy: Nothing? Really? You just sat still and did nothing and saw nothing all day?
Caleb: (grinning) Yep!
Daddy: Well, Ethan, what did you do?
Ethan: Hmmm...I don't know!
Mommy: Well, we went swimming at John and Ava's pool, and we went to the store...
Ethan: And I got a COOKIE!
Mommy: Yes, you both got a cookie at Publix.
Caleb: May I be excused?
Mommy: You haven't eaten anything, Caleb.
Caleb: I don't like to eat dinner.
Mommy: Alright, but you know that if you don't eat your dinner, you don't get anything else to eat until morning.
Caleb: I know that, Mommy. Can I be excused?
Daddy: If you will tell me three things that you did or learned today, you can be excused.
Caleb: Hmmm... I went swimming at John and Ava's pool, I got a cookie at the store, and, hmmmm... I t'ink I watched a TV while Ethan was sleeping.
Mommy: Yes, you did.
Ethan: Me, too! Me, too! I watched a TV, too!
Mommy: Ethan you didn't watch TV today because you were sleeping.
Caleb: ETHAN, YOU ARE TELLING A LIE!!!
Ethan: NO I NOT! I JUST PRETENDING!!!
Daddy: Caleb, you can be excused now. Go down the play room, please.

And so it goes :)

1 comment:

Brian, Glenda, Oliver & Madelyn said...

Hi : Not sure you got my email response to you. My address is haydengj@yahoo.com

Hope you and the boys are having a good day!