Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Bad Choices

We are always talking about good and bad choices around here. Caleb and Ethan are very good at differentiating between the two. When I pick them up from one thing or another, I ask them if they made good choices in their class, etc. Usually Caleb assures me that he made all good choices, or he'll tell me about "just one bad choice" and tell me what it was. Ethan usually has to count his bad choices on his hand. "Ummm... I made 1...2...3...4... I made 4 bad choices." Last week, I picked Ethan up at the Rec Center play room, and here is how our conversation went:

Mommy: Did you make good choices in the play room with Miss Margaret today?
Ethan: No. I made bad choices. 1...2...3...4....5. I made five bad choices. I sit in time-out 2 times.
Mommy: Well, I am sad to hear that, Ethan. I wish you had made better choices. Did you do anything fun at the rec center today?
Ethan: Yes! I just tell you that! I made 5 bad choices!

Touche, little guy :)

1 comment:

melanie said...

HILARIOUS! I love reading your blog.

And the other day I thought I had clicked on your blog and I was reading...it was about how your hubby came home and said, "I wanna clean the whole house for you today." And he did a better job than you usually do and you were mad, but realized it silly to be mad. But....then I realized I was reading "5 minutes for faith" blog. I sighed a sigh of relief knowing that it was more likely a preacher story and I didn't have to hate you from a far. :) HA!!!