Friday, August 27, 2010

Super Man Costume

Over a month ago, Ethan was sitting on my lap when I selected and purchased a Superman costume from an ebay seller. He helped me pick it out (at least, he thought he did), and he was very excited when I explained that it would come in the mail in a few days. This explanation sunk in deep, because he proceeded to accompany me to the mailbox every single day for the next three weeks. After about a week, I got back online to see how much longer the package was going to take. During that session, I realized that the costume was shipping from Hong Kong (that's why it was so cheap!). After about two weeks, we got one of those little postcard slips in our screen door saying that an attempted delivery had taken place and now we could go to the post office to get our package. (Don't you love those things?) I tried sending the card back in with a request for a redelivery, since I hate, despise and abominate going to the Post Office, but that didn't work and instead I got a "FINAL NOTICE" saying I'd better come pick up my package or it would be sent back to Hong Kong. So, a full month after originally placing the order, the boys and I braved the Post Office. They were extremely good that day (the boys, not the postal workers), and Ethan was ecstatic when I opened the package and showed him the costume. He put it on right then and there and wore it for the next two days straight. And now, finally, I can go to the mailbox each day without comforting a disappointed little boy.

1 comment:

Vicky said...

I LOVE this!!

He is just beaming!!