Thursday, August 5, 2010

The Magic House

I read this post, The Magic House, on my friend's blog this morning, and I really wish I'd thought of writing it myself :) With his permission, I have copied and pasted it here:

I was talking with the CFO the other night about how we live in a Magic House. She was intrigued and decided to play my little game. She indulges me from time to time as I have very little adult interaction during the day. She said "Really?" I then began to explain all the "Magic" that seems to happen in and around the house. (I may turn this into a childrens' book so don't even think of stealing this idea or the totally cool illustrations I have in my head that go along with the story.)
  • Empty cups that are set down suddenly appear in the sink and/or dishwasher.
  • The towels never seem to get dirty.
  • The clothes that we wear every day seem to reappear in our drawers, folded!
  • The toys that were left out before nap time have migrated back to their bins.
  • The bed makes itself every morning.
  • Come to think of it, the sheets never seem to get dirty either.
  • The van never runs out of gas and the CFO's company car even refills itself sometimes.
  • Batteries rarely go dead, and, if they do, they seem to recharge overnight.
  • After dinner the table cleans itself and the dishes take themselves to the dishwasher.
  • The soap dispensers at each and every sink in the house never run out of soap.
  • The toilet paper holders, tissue boxes, and paper towel holder all automatically refill.
  • Knives stay sharp.
  • Meals are cooked, but the pots and pans stay clean.
  • The children rarely smell funny:
  • Dirt does not stay on our floor very long.
  • Dust may sometimes be visible on our dark furniture, but it quickly disappears.
  • Air filters do not get very dirty and seem to change themselves.
  • When the grass gets too tall, it shrinks back down.
  • Annoying weeds frequently disappear.
  • Whenever a light burns out, it seems to fix itself.
  • The dog always has food to eat and water to drink.
  • All of the bills get paid (and most of them on time)
  • We never seem to run out of: soap, shampoo, detergent, toothpaste, dental floss, dishwasher soap, bread, milk, eggs and food in general.
I said: "is it little fairies doing all the work? Is it elves? Who knows? Or maybe it is like Disney World where they have all kinds of hidden tunnels where workers can move about the park without the guests knowing about it. Maybe we are the guests and our house has a team of workers that we don't know about. Maybe we should look for hidden tunnels..."

After listening to all this, all the while laughing where appropriate, the CFO nods and says "that is funny." Then she says, "You know what? We also have a magic bank account."

TOUCHE :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Daddy says: So there ARE other believers!!! I'm been talking about the laundry fairy and other similar house fairies for YEARS! For some reason Rachel keeps taking credit for their good deeds.

All I know is the house would be an absolute wreck if left up to me. So if the fairies are ready this post... Thank You.

LOL concerning the magic bank account.