Monday, August 30, 2010

July, July, July

So, here is the big news: BABY #3 IS ON THE WAY! I found out really early this time. I took one of those Early Response HPTs when I was just 3 weeks and 3 days along. Three weeks is the longest I've ever kept a pregnancy under wraps...it's hard to keep my own good news a secret :)

I am due on April 22nd, just a couple of weeks after Ethan's 3rd birthday. Wait a second, wasn't I due with Ethan just a couple of weeks after Caleb's birthday? It seems that July is the magic month for us to get pregnant :) And here's a little irony for you: morning sickness hit me hard the day after I decided to homeschool this year. Oh well, we're doing what we can for now. I should be feeling better by early October, so we'll make up for it then.

The baby is due April 22nd. It looks like all three kids will have birthdays within a few weeks of each other. Ethan's birthday is 12 days after Caleb's, and, if this baby is born at 39 weeks like Ethan was, it's birthday will be 12 days after Ethan's birthday. I love that timing because the birthdays are far enough apart that we can do something special for each child (like a family dinner or a day activity), but close enough that we can do one big party or one big trip or one big present for all three kids.

We are excited! (And we will be even more excited when this morning sickness is over!)

2 comments:

April said...

CONGRATULATIONS! I love your title, though I admit I had NO idea what the post was going to be THAT exciting! I am so happy for you. I do hope that all goes well and that morning sickness passes quickly. Love ya!

katherine said...

Congratulations! I'm so excited for you! I hope your morning sickness passes soon.