Thursday, May 20, 2010

Mr. Smooth

Last night, we got home from a few days at the beach. We had a great time, and I will blog and share pictures about it soon, but for now I had to publish the conversation that Ethan and Wendi had when she got off work last night:

Wendi, who works as a P.A., walks in the house wearing her scrubs.
Ethan: "Wendi, you wearing doctor clothes?"
Wendi: "Yes, I'm wearing my work clothes, Ethan."
Ethan: "You he'p people at the hosp'al?"
Wendi: (with a smile) "Yes, I did help people at the hospital."
Ethan: "Now they happy? Not sad anymore?"
Wendi: (laughing) "Yes, I made them happy."
Ethan: (in the sweetest voice possible, never taking his beseeching little eyes off her face) "Wendi, you got some money now? Jus' one lee-tle money to share wid me?"

Wendi and I cracked up. Ethan loves getting coins from us to put in his piggy bank, and he knows that Daddy goes to work to get money, so I guess he figured Wendi got money at work as well. That's not too surprising, but the hilarious part is the set-up. He very skillfully engaged her in a conversation that made her feel good about her job and herself, and then artfully laid out his precalculated request.

This kid is T-R-O-U-B-L-E!

1 comment:

April said...

I have totally enjoyed your last few posts, Rachel. Sorry I don't comment often enough, but know that I do enjoy it! You have two great boys. Yes, kids are incredibly smart and perceptive at a VERY early age. :)