Monday, May 24, 2010

Beach Trip, Part 3

During our days at the beach, the hours after nap time were a little different each day. Running errands, eating dinner, going back to the pool/hot tub, and taking walks on the beach all had their place. We walked on the beach in the dark with our flashlights looking for crabs, but the crabs did a very good job of hiding. We only found one crab the night we went hunting. We let all the kids touch it and then let it go at the end of the walk.

I really enjoyed hanging out at the pool at night, as well. It wasn't hot and I wasn't worried about the kids (or me) getting sunburned. I also have fond memories of swimming at night in hotel pools on family vacations.

When we all made it back into the condo for the night, usually between 8:00 and 9:00 pm, we got the kids ready for bed and tucked them in with a Disney movie, another special "vacation" privilige. Caleb thought it was the coolest thing in the world that he got to watch a movie every night. I was worried that he would ask for a movie at night for weeks afterward at home, but he seemed to get that it was vacation only, because I haven't heard a word about it for the five nights we've been back.

Nine people in a two-bedroom condo sounds like it wouldn't work, but somehow it did. And the best part is, we found an even better place to stay at next year!

1 comment:

Vicky said...

I've really enjoyed reading about your family's visit to the beach.

I'm excited about your upcoming visit here!