Friday, September 18, 2009

You Don't Know What You Have...

until it's gone :) This whole no-nap thing is brutal. I didn't realize how much of my energy and motivation depended on my (at least) 2-hour break every afternoon. Ethan was up at 5:30 this morning, and I will not be "checking out" until around 7:30 tonight when they both go to bed. I've gotten used to staying up til 11:00 or later because I know I can take a short nap while the kids are asleep. So this week I've still been staying up late and just trudging through the day. I think I miss the psychological break even more than the sleep. We had such a nice little routine: get up, home school stuff, go out, eat lunch, take a nap, and then play on the deck until Daddy gets home. Now there are still 5-6 hours to fill after lunch. And I'm having to fight Caleb's boredom (which quickly turns to mischieviousness), because he's not really interested in doing repeat activities again in the afternoon. The idea of preschool for Caleb has never looked so appealing as it does right now! I guess its time to adjust, but boy do I miss the way things used to be :)

3 comments:

katherine said...

I am definitely dreading the no nap thing. Anna gives me a taste of it every once in a while even now. I don't think we'll be doing preschool until she's done napping and then it's almost for sure we will. Mama needs a break!

April said...

I have to say, I understand completely! Preschool (in the form of a NOT full time) is great. So is Kindergarten. BOTH my kids gave up naps at 21 months old. Nice. ;) Hang in there. You will all adjust, but be sure you are taking care of yourself, too. I KNOW you take GREAT care of those boys. I'm serious when I say take care of YOU, too. You'll be a better Momma that way, too. ;) Love ya!

April said...

As I reread that, I saw something that I want to clarify: You already ARE a GREAT Mom...it kinda sounded like I meant that's what you need to do to become a great Mom. Anyways. You get what I mean!