Monday, September 28, 2009

Pediatrician's Office

On Friday, I took the boys into the pediatrician to get their flu shots. Now, I should say up front that I really like our pediatrician and have no complaints about his professionalism, knowledge or personality, but there is one thing about going to see him that drives me NUTS. Every visit, without fail, I end up trying to entertain and control two kids in a tiny exam room with dozens of things they shouldn't touch and almost nothing that they should. Of course, I bring a few toys and books from home, but they are completely ignored by my little explorers. Would it be that hard to put a few toys in the exam rooms? Or maybe just improve the organization of the practice so that mommies and kiddos are not left alone in exam rooms for 20-30 minutes each visit. I would much prefer to do our waiting in the main waiting area, where there are toys and TV, than cooped up in the exam room, hoping as each second passes that the door will open and put me out of the misery of incessantly distracting two small boys!

1 comment:

Emily said...

I couldn't agree more!!!! Plus, when the youngest isn't walking, it's really hard to keep him from crawling all over the germy floor!!!!!Forget wheeling the big double stroller inside the tiny exam room!!! I usually let William play with a few tongue depressors and cotton balls. Our doctor here hasn't gotten the flu vaccines yet, so we haven't had to face the dreaded doctor visit yet. I enjoy your frequent blog posts! It's nice to keep up with your family! :)