Friday, November 19, 2010

Phase Two

I'm so grateful for this pregnancy, that both the baby and I are healthy, that the morning sickness is over, and that we are having a little girl.  I'm very, very excited about meeting the little person who is growing inside of me.  But at the same time, I am SO TIRED.  I do not remember being this tired with the boys.  My BFF and my doctor just laugh at me and say "Welcome to pregnancy in your 30's!"  I'm sure there is some truth to that, but it is a drag (literally) to have such a low energy level.  Some days, I fall asleep on the floor in the play room and the boys just play around me.  Most of the time, though, I just drag myself through everything planned for the day.  I know part of the problem is that I've tried to jump back into life-as-usual, complete with a full-scale homeschooling routine, cooking / baking every day, resuming my whole house-cleaning schedule and participating in lots of weekend activities, and it's really wearing me out.  It's just so hard for me to give up the things that I love doing just because I am tired.  Sick/nauseated seems like a much better excuse :).  Well, regardless of how tired I feel all day, it is TONS better than feeling nauseated.  So I'll just keep counting my blessings and get used to being thirty :)

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

Rest, my dear, rest. Easier said than done with two active boys and a husband and house to take care of, I know. Just remember, your body is doing a HUGE job, so you can cut yourself some slack with other jobs in other areas! I can't wait to meet her either!! It seems like you and I always get back in touch when we're having babies, and I'm glad! :)