Wednesday, November 17, 2010

It's a Girl!!!!!!

We had our 18-week ultrasound yesterday and received the green light to start collecting pink!  We are both very happy and very excited.  I've never been big on ultrasound pictures, but this one was 3D and I could see a little more than I have been able to in the past.  Too bad Marcus and I both forgot to bring our thumb drive to the appointment, or I could post one or two of the pics here.  In our defense, if you read my account of the odyssey involved in getting to my OB clinic, you realize that we did well to arrive on time (with sufficient entertainment for the boys, so that they would sit quietly during the ultrasound).  Two new Disney coloring books did the trick: they were both perfect little angels :)

Both boys seem excited about having a little sister.  Caleb has been praying for twin girls (his idea, not ours) since I told him I was pregnant, his logic being that we have two boys, so we need two girls.  We've told him for six weeks that there is only one baby, and he didn't seem at all disappointed today by the idea of just one little sister.  He did think the baby looked a little bit like an alien on the ultrasound screen, and we assured him that she would look just like other babies after she was born.  Ethan just kept laughing and saying that the baby was going to poop and pee in her diaper, which seems to be the epitome of babydom in his little head.

I am so excited!  It's probably good that I'm not allowed to spend any extra money in November and December (it's an annual budget thing)...at least that will keep me from doing any shopping until January :)

3 comments:

katherine said...

Yay! I'm so glad you get the joy of having a daughter! So, so excited for you. And I didn't even realize you could take a thumb drive for ultrasound photos so you're still a step ahead of me.

sonyagraykey said...

Congrats! I love having my boy-girl combo...I'm sure you will, too. :)

Jennifer said...

I cannot tell you how thrilled I am for you. I know you and Marcus are excited to have a healthy baby most of all, but I've also been praying that this baby would be an extra measure of blessing in your family, and a sweet little girl sounds like just the ticket :) Congratulations!! SOOO excited to have nephews AND a niece!