Friday, February 12, 2010

Hitting the Gym

Last week, my dad came through town on a business trip and spend two evenings with us. We had two delicious dinners out, went swimming at his hotel pool, and, to top it all off, he bought us a membership to the AWESOME gym five minutes down the road from our house. We were members of this gym the first year that we lived here, but we let our membership lapse about eight months ago in an effort to cut costs. Now I am SO EXCITED to be able to work out again! Even better, the kids are older and Ethan is much more amenable to staying in the childcare room now than he was as an infant.

Last night, I went to Walmart and bought a second set of toiletries and a few other things to stock my gym bag. I remembered quickly that the biggest obstacle between me and the gym is how long it takes to pack the bag before we leave (swim stuff, shower stuff, changes of clothes, hair dryer, make-up, etc.) This time around, I'm going to keep a gym bag mostly-packed all of the time, and just add the few items I don't have duplicates off right before we leave.

I've worked out twice this week, and I even took my first Zumba class yesterday (which was awesome)! We are especially excited to, once again, have a pool we can take the kids to whenever. They both love to swim and we have missed that. I plan to sign Caleb up for group swim lessons next week, in additoin to taking them both swimming once or twice a week. Dad really hit the spot with this gift!

No comments: