Monday, January 18, 2010

"I Couldn't Change My Mind"

On Friday, the sun came out and the temperature rose to 60 degrees, so the boys and I spend the morning at the zoo. It was a beautiful morning, and the zoo was not very crowded (there are still plenty of people in Birmingham who think a high of 60 is not a good reason to go outside). We hadn't been to the zoo in more than two months, so the boys were PUMPED. Ethan jumped and skipped and exclaimed over every animal. Caleb was fascinated by the informational signs outside each exhibit. He wanted me to read every sign to him, and he was especially interested in what the animals like to eat. We'd been at the zoo for about three hours, seen about 2/3 of the animals, had a picnic lunch, and played in the zoo's Rock Park for about 30 minutes when disaster struck. I was changing Ethan's diaper in our stroller when I heard Caleb exclaim from the top of the rock park, "Uh oh. Momma, can you change me?" I climbed up to where he was and asked him what happened. Here is his reply:

"I was playing and then I had to go and then I did and then I couldn't change my mind."

Never heard truer words, my son. And so ended our morning at the zoo. :)

1 comment:

katherine said...

You are such a good mother to your boys. I wish I could watch you in action more often. :)