Friday, February 27, 2009

Love the Tubes :)

Well, Ethan got tubes put in his ears three days ago, and I am a fan of the tubes. He has been so happy for the past three days! The same day he got the tubes (Tuesday), he took his first 8-step jaunt across the room. He is still crawling more than walking, but the walking has definitely begun. And the crowning glory of the tubes is that Ethan SLEPT THE ENTIRE NIGHT last night for the first time in his life. We put him down at 7:00 last night (like we do every night), but this time, we didn't hear from him until 5:00 am! Ten blissfully silent hours. (The boys always get up between 5:00 and 5:30, so that waking time is not unusual.) Now I am so glad that we never decided to leave him crying indefinitely when he awoke at night. The timing of this convinces me that the fluid & pressure on his ears has been hurting him since he was tiny (his first ear infection was around 4 months). Though I'm sure we will still deal with occasional night wakings, which is a normal toddler thing, I am very optimistic that the days of getting up at 10:00, 12:00, 2:00 & 4:00 are likely over.

2 comments:

katherine said...

Yay! I'm so happy for you and for Ethan. I hope there is much uninterrupted sleep in your near future.

April said...

Hooorrrraaaayyy! I'm so thankful that you figured out what was going on with Ethan. I'm thankful for the relief he must feel, as well as for the consecutive hours of sleep that will help you all!