Friday, January 30, 2009

What Next?

Caleb: [whining about something]
Mommy: Caleb, that is an ugly noise and I don’t want to listen to it.
Caleb: It’s a whiny noise and it is my choice to make a whiny noise ‘cause I want to.
Mommy: Okay, it’s a whiny noise. But whatever you call it, I don’t like it and it is disturbing my peace.
Caleb: What is “peace”, Mama?
Mommy: Peace is a happy feeling inside that I feel when nothing is bothering me.
Caleb: Oh. [silent pause] I sorry its ‘turbing your peace, Mama, but it’s still my choice, and your peace is just going to have to go away.

4 comments:

April said...

LOL! Kids are so honest it really is precious. But I do know that it is very hard to tolerate whiny, yet it is hard to control another person, too! :) Hang in there.

BTW, did you see the "book" I wrote on your MDO post? Sorry it took me so long to have a chance to sit and type a response for you, but I do hope it helps some. :)

katherine said...

I plan to respond to your MDO post eventually, too, but the short answer is that I think your perspective sound more than reasonable.

I'm sure the whining is irritating, but Caleb's response is well thought-out and very cute.

Bottom Blessings said...

Love it!

Michael and Hannah said...

That is too funny!