Monday, January 9, 2012

Caleb's Tooth

We thought that the teeth-losing thing wouldn't get started until after Caleb's sixth birthday, but I noticed about a week ago that one of Caleb's bottom front teeth was loose.  It just kept getting looser until we were sitting in church yesterday morning.  Caleb was quietly eating Kix from a baggie while the rest of us were singing when I felt a tap on my leg.  I looked down at Caleb's outstretched hand, and, sure enough, there he was holding his tooth!  No blood, no whining...I'd say it went perfectly.
We told him that he could put his tooth under his pillow and see what the tooth fairy brings him.  He looked up skeptically and said with narrowed eyes, "Come on.  The tooth fairy isn't real!"  I responded with, "Well, you are right about that, but what is under your pillow tomorrow morning will be real."  He was very happy with the five $1 bills he found.  Marcus and I agreed he scored big since we both remember getting coins for our teeth.  

When Ethan saw the big gap in Caleb's mouth and the tooth in his hand, his face broke out in a HUGE smile and he said, "Caleb!  It's like you're EIGHT!"  I guess losing teeth seems to be a purely eight-year-old experience in Ethan's eyes.

No comments: