Sunday, August 21, 2011

Caleb

My mom has told me stories about what a deep-thinking child I was, and how I would bust out with the most startling perceptions/conclusions.  Caleb is like that, and he has blown me away a few times before with something he's come up with.  One of those times was last night.  I have absolutely no idea where this came from, but he just walked up to me and said this:

"Mommy, if someone ever takes me to a really sad place and then says, 'Now you've seen it, now let's go back to your home,' I'm going to tell them no, because I want to stay and help the sad people in the sad place."

I wasn't sure I'd heard him correctly, so I asked him again, and he said exactly the same thing.  I asked him more questions about it, and he explained in his own words that he didn't just want to look at the sad things in the world, but he wanted to fix them.  The next morning (this morning), I asked him in front of Marcus if he remembered what he'd told me about going to a sad place.  He did remember, and immediately told Marcus the same thing that he'd told me, almost verbatim.

It scares me and makes me proud at the same time that God may be growing the heart of a missionary in my little son.

No comments: