Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Third Trimester

Yesterday was the beginning of my third trimester.  I haven't done a very good job of writing about this pregnancy (or either of the others), so I thought I'd take some time for that.  The morning sickness subsided significantly around 13-weeks.  Since then, I've had a lot more days than not where I have been totally exhausted.  For those of you who haven't experienced it or can't remember it, let me try to describe pregnancy exhaustion:  it's like the feeling you have after working a long day, staying up way too late, sleeping poorly, then working another long day, except that you feel that way when you wake up in the morning after a full night's sleep.  Some hours, I feel so tired I think just making it up the stairs is more than I can do.  Once in a while, I'll have a "normal" day, where I feel relatively energetic, get a lot done, and have a lot of fun with the boys.  I am very grateful for these days (or parts of days), both physically and psychologically, because I feel like myself again and I have hope that "myself" will return full force someday :)  But the other days, I am basically dragging myself through everything I do.  I do my best to do everything with a good attitude and a "cheerful heart" (as I'm always saying to the boys), but there is definitely a spark missing.  In spite of all this, it is usually pretty easy for me to adjust my perspective and be thankful even for the fatigue and discomfort, because it is all so much better than being nauseated all of the time.

1 comment:

miriam said...

I know how you feel! I hope you are having sunshine today, that helps me a lot and my mood :) I too am so glad that nausea is over, I will take 'fatigue' anytime, because, oh well, I can always sit down and read lots of blog post when tired and sip hot tea :) Not with nausea! Take it easy and so excited about your baby gilr! Is the due date in March or April?