Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Breakfast With Santa

This weekend, our church's children's ministry put on a FANTASTIC pancake breakfast for the kids and parents. Ethan had spiked a fever the day before, so he stayed at home with Marcus, while Caleb and I spent the morning at the church. A good friend of mine (Marcus's coworker's wife), brought her two kids and the five of us had a great time. The morning started at 9:00 am with everyone in the auditorium sitting around 8-top tables, eating pancakes topped with chocolate chips, powdered sugar, and syrup. (I'm not sure Caleb has ever had so many sweets at once.) At 10:00, the kids and parents rotated by groups through five differents stations: visiting with Santa, making handprint aprons, riding a train around the parking lot, and making reindeer snacks, and sharing a Christmas story. Caleb had a great time, and I actually got quite a few pictures since I wasn't chasing Ethan. Ethan and I get one-on-one time every week while Caleb is in school, but Caleb and I are rarely hanging out on our own, so I really enjoyed spending a fun morning with him.

No comments: