Thursday, October 23, 2008

Caleb Quotes

I have to say that I am LOVING so many things about Caleb at this age. He is starting to express his feelings, and he is coming to the funniest conclusions about things. Here are a few of my favorite quotes from the last couple of weeks.

Quote #1
(while urinating and staring at the stream between his legs)
"Woah, dat a lot of pee pee, Momma!"

Quote #2
(after falling and scraping his knee)
Mommy: "Oh Caleb did that hurt? Do you feel sad?"
Caleb: (crying) "I feel sa-ad, but ice cream [would] make me hap-py!"

Quote #3
Mommy: "Caleb, can I have some of those raisins?"
Caleb: "No."
Mommy: "I thought that you liked to share!"
Caleb: "I do like to share. I like to share with ME."

Quote #4
(after impulsively knocking down a tower that we had spent 10 minutes building together)
Mommy: "Caleb, when you grow up, do you want to be a man who builds things or a man who breaks things?"
Caleb: "I wanna be a man who breaks things!"
Mommy: "Well, I hope you are a man who builds things."
Caleb: "Well, I want to break things, Mama, and DAT'S MY CHOICE." (emphasis his)

4 comments:

Vicky said...

Rachel,

I LOVE these!!

So much, in fact, that I pasted them into an email for your Dad (He doesn't do blogs.)

I am still laughing. :)

Love

Mom

katherine said...

DAT'S MY CHOICE is my favorite. Anna says funny things too only we can't understand what in the world she's saying. =)

melanie said...

SO FUNNY! Rachel, he is cracking me up. I wish I was around to hear him talk so much. But I fondly remember, "dah" for everything. :)

April said...

Too cute!