Saturday, August 4, 2007

My Job


I've been a realtor now for 5 months, and overall it is going very well. I've enjoyed learning about property, real estate law, the mortgage market and our economy as a whole through this job. I'm able to work out of my home, so I rarely have to leave Caleb with a sitter. Usually I take him with me or Marcus keeps him, and I do most of my computer work while he's napping or after he goes to bed. I've been blessed with quite a bit of business so far, so we've been able to pay off one student loan and are very close to being able to pay off our car loan as well. Although I enjoy the job overall, I am very glad I only have to do it for the rest of this year, because I don’t like being distracted from the needs of my home and family. I feel terrible on days that I get a phone call and have to work on something immediately for a couple of hours, which leaves Caleb playing on his own during that time, and often not terribly happy about it. I hate feeling like I'm neglecting him, but I'm grateful that this job was provided as a temporary fix for some financial struggles.

2 comments:

melanie said...

WOO HOO! i am excited. I will check this often!

mel

April said...

I'm so glad to know about your blog, Rachel! I LOVE the pics of Caleb and I'm glad your job is going well.

Love,
April Watson