Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Grandparents' Day

Yesterday was Grandparent's Day at Caleb's school, and we were very happy to have my mom (Nanna) in town for the event.  When I was growing up, my grandparents lived out of town and didn't come to anything like this.  My mom said that she always felt bad for my brother and I about that, so she decided to make it a priority to be at Caleb's first Grandparents Day.  Even though she'd had bronchitis the week before, had been having trouble walking for weeks, and was in the middle of her final week at work (she is retiring this Friday), she flew out for a quick visit to enjoy this event with Caleb.  

And as if she wasn't going against enough to make this happen, she came down with food poisoning or a stomach bug the night after she arrived!  It's very good we had a doctor in the house, because at one point she was throwing up every 10 minutes.  Marcus got her some meds and she was finally able to fall asleep.  And then she was back up at 6:00 am to get ready for the grandparents' day festivities.  From there things went well.  Caleb was happy to have her by his side during the program, and Ethan even got to enjoy a surprise visit from Nanna in his classroom (since it happened to be one of the days he was in preschool).  I apologize for this terrible picture of Caleb, but between shuffling Lydia around and manning my volunteer post, it is the only one that I got.


No comments: