Sunday, January 13, 2008

Wagner Christmas

Our second Christmas (Marc's only one) began the day Caleb and I flew back from Arkansas. Marcus picked us up in Orlando and we headed straight to Melbourne for five days with his side of the family. The highlights of this trip included seeing Caleb's new cousin Kylie Michelle for the first time (she was 9-days-old when we arrived), taking Caleb and Kylie's older brother Chase to the zoo, Toys R Us and the park, and opening presents together under Mike & Gigi's gorgeous 14-foot Christmas tree. Marcus and I also really enjoyed getting to spend some extra good conversation time with Mike and Gigi.

The not-so-fun part of the week was trying desperately to keep Caleb with his sneezing, coughing and runny-nose from coming anywhere near Aunt Gigi and newborn Kylie. Another not-so-fun part is that we didn't play any games together or do anything as a group this year...Mike got Guitar Hero III for Christmas, and half the family spent many hours playing it while the other half took turns sitting in the living room staring blankly at the screen. I was definitely the most vocal despiser of Guitar Hero this year, but I think almost everyone was getting pretty sick of it by the last few days. At least we ate dinner together most days :)

3 comments:

melanie said...

we had a similar Christmas experience with Guitar Hero. I had some of the same feelings as you. It made me literally nauseated to watch the screen. SO I would get bored when everyone was so in to it! :)

mel

April said...

Alight, Rachel. I have started a blog...you are "linked" to mine...I'm checking yours more frequently...where are you?! I'd love an update on how you are doing and feeling these days. Love ya!

Michael and Hannah said...

Rachel,

Do you know what you're having yet??? Suspense is not my friend.