Tuesday, May 9, 2006

"Ah-goo"

Caleb said "Ah-goo" today!!! It was so incredibly sweet! He was laying on the changing table, smiling up at me. I said "I love you" in my crooning baby voice, and he opened his little mouth and let out a perfectly clear "Ahhhhhh--ghooooo".

For those of you who don't know, "Ah-goo" actually is a word. It has multiple meanings in Webster's Baby Language Dictionary. It functions, not as a noun or a verb, but as a complete statement, and actually changes its meaning with the context, much like a chameleon. In this case, Caleb obviously meant "I love you, too." Other times, he has said "Thank you for getting up to feed me in the middle of the night, Mommy." I've heard a few "I love looking at you!" "ah-goo's" and one or two that clearly meant "You're my favorite person." But that first one will always be my favorite :)

1 comment:

Vicky said...

I was rereading some of your early blog postings and I have to say that this one is still one of my FAVORITES. :)