Wednesday, March 29, 2006

First Week of Motherhood

There are so many things about being Caleb's mommy that I absolutely love. I love watching him breathe while he's sleeping. His whole body rises and falls, and he has a delightfully peaceful look on his face. I love the way little shudders run through his tiny body after he stops screaming and finally gets what he was asking for (usually food). I love the drunk expression on his face after a nice long feeding. I love the smell of baby that exudes from him. I love the adorable series of expressions he makes while he's trying to poop. Most of all, I love cuddling him to my body and feeling his warmth, knowing that God has entrusted his physical, emotional and spiritual care to his father and I, and knowing that God will give us the strength to fulfill that responsibility.

No comments: